Sunday 8 March 2015

Finnabair style journal cover

 I am excited to say that I am attending a Finnabair class in October this year!  The anticipation is killing me, so in the mean time, I am playing up a storm and preparing for my adventure.

I say adventure as the class is not being held in my home town and I have to travel to JBay to attend the event.  There are 9 of us Capetonians going, 7 of us are in the same group on the Saturday and Sunday class and the other two are doing the Thursday & Friday class...

I was inspired by this post on Finn's blog:  Industrial Book Cover

Here is my journal cover in step out photos, so as usual...make yourself comfy and peruse at your leasure.
I started by covering my journal with clear Crackle paste by Viva called Facetten-Lack Transparent.  I let this dry overnight.  Then I painted it with black acrylic paint as I don't have black gesso.
Once this was dry I added Silks in Key Lime and Bolivian Blue and Viva Inka Gold silver.
 Having now covered everything in paint, I decided I needed more embellishments and added a few.
 Then I had to paint them black too...
 Finally, here is the finished product!
 Here is a close up showing the micro beads together with glass beads which I added with gel medium for extra texture.

11 comments:

  1. You did great on this project Belinda...can you just imagine what you will be able to cook up after Finn's class???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so ridiculously cool. What I would do for a fraction of your creative vision. LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your cover is fabulous! I love the gorgeous colours and the terrific embellishments you added. I was lucky enough to do a Finn class just over a year ago, it is one of the best classes I have ever taken so I can understand your excitement! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your album cover is gorgeous! I love the texture and pieces you've added and what a luck gal you are to be signed up for a Finn class!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You are so lucky...a Finn class! I'd be excited beyond belief too. Hurry october, hey?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely... I love the colour and the texture is just lovely. I really contemplated hard about whether to go but the weekend with the class and airfares would have cost almost as much as going to a class of hers in Ireland... guess which one won... :D Enjoy and I can't wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bella - brilliant project ! Really in the Finn style - you hardly need the class but I am sure you will have great fun there !
    Rich and I have been quite nostalgic this week as this time last year we were out there in the Cape with you - we have so many happy memories of our holiday - can it really be a whole year ago !
    Hope all is well with you, Andrew & Luke - love to them both & you too of course ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Bella. Wonderful book. Great job.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful textures, colors and fun designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your journal cover, gorgeous colours and textures. I was lucky enough to take Finn's 'black beauty' class last year it was great you are going to love it ! Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belinda this is just beautiful! I can't wait for our adventure in October!
    Looking forward to our next Finnaberry get together

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.